Thursday, April 19, 2007

Planes, trains, and a bomb scare

(Tom) Alright, after Brugge, we headed to Brussels. We had mussels in Grand Place, which is a really big square in the middle of Brussels. Tim enlightened me half a dozen times that Victor Hugo called it the most beautiful square in the world. We made it an early night, nothing too exciting. So then Tuesday morning we decided to fly to Prague because it was cheaper than the train.

My version of the bomb scare:
We land in Prague and get our bags from baggage claim. I grab mine and as Tim grabs his, I see his face turn white and he says ohagan, feel this! I feel his travel bag and it is vibrating and humming. I ask, do you have anything that hums? What the hell did you buy in Amsterdam Tim? So he's super serious and insists that he doesn't have anything that hums or vibrates, then he starts looking around for security or something. Totally unrelated, I back away quickly to look for directions to downtown Prague. It just so happened that I decided to look for said directions behind a pillar that was fifty feet thick if it was an inch and could withstand any blast! No sense in us both going down! But in the end it was only an "electric razor" aka crazy erotic toy from amsterdam.

We then make our way to downtown Prague. I'll talk about this place more in the next blog. But I will comment that a concert by the czech philharmonic symphony orchestra would be a culturally stimulating event! And last night I ate the greatest food of my life! But more on that later, I can't type anymore! Oh yeah, Tim has no credit card as yesterday, for the second time on Tim and Tom's bodacious journey, Tim mistook his credit card for his atm card and the atm ate it. That was one of those, wow I want to laugh, but Tim may kill me if I do, moments. Oh, and I bought a nice pair of Euro jeans in Prague. Why would I do that you ask. Let me tell you. Because on day 3 of this trip, the zipper on my ONE pair of jeans breaks. Never in my life have I been completely dependent on one pair of pants until now and the zipper breaks. I had been holding it together with a safety pin which kept breaking, leaving me with my fly wide open. Which by the way is hilarious when it happens while walking around the red light district in Amsterdam. But problem solved, and Tim and Tom's bodacious journey can continue with all flies zipped!

Alright, Timmy and Tom are off to an overnight train to budapest! So long for now my friends.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hey Tom its Bob, these blogs are great. I check up on them daily, they give me a nice lil laugh. You and Tim argue like a married couple. Keep up the blogs they're great!